Friday, August 20, 2010

Lizzie Anne Challenge Day!

It's that time again when the Lizzie Anne girls work on a fun challenge! This month we needed to take a picture of something we LOVE and make a card using that as our inspiration. So my inspiration came from the photos I took on the first day of school this past Wednesday. I don't care how old my kids are or how much they might grow to dislike it, I will always take their picture before they leave to start a new school year.

Megan is starting 8th grade this year and Matt is starting 5th grade. Both are in new school buildings and were very excited about the year ahead.

Because a new school year brings so many new possibilities, I thought this quote was perfect and decided to use it on my inspiration piece. I also used this week's LAD sketch, so I pulled some double duty! The sentiment and image are both from the new September Monthly Mix called Treasured Trinkets. The fun school paper is from Jillibean Soup & although it's a bit busy, the quote really stands out on the card.
Take a look over on the Lizzie Anne Blog for a list of all the girls playing along today & see what inspired them!

6 comments:

wendyp said...

Great 1st day of school photos! Beautiful card, Kendra!!!

Jen said...

oh so cute kendra!! love the card...perfect! and super cute photos of the kids too!!

Monique said...

Your kids are so cute!!I love your card and that DP ..

Deb said...

Awesome, Kendra! Love that designer paper with this fun quote and image...so perfect together! Great pics of your kids! I hope they have a great year!

Taylor said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! Your kids are beautiful (they look just like their momma!!), and I love the picture tradition!! And your card is perfect!! Love that dp :)

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

What a wonderful idea! I wish I would have done that. Your kids are so cute! I absolutely love your card & the sentiment!!!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs