Inchie Friday is Back for 2009! I took a week off since I was finding it hard to work on projects with everyone underfoot during the holidays. I can't believe how much I can get done when the kids are at school and my hubby is back to work!
So I had an idea several months ago to incorporate the Inchies with a photo calendar. Since it's a new year, I decided to give it a go!
The first page of my project is the cover for my calendar. I decided not to put a year so I could use it again. As you may have noticed, I stamped an image for each season on the Inchies & then colored them with my Copic Markers.
The stand I am using is just a clear acrylic CD case ~ super simple & very inexpensive!
The calendar template is my own. I just did it in an Excel file ~ easy!
- I stamped the mittens in white pigment ink & then sprinkled white embossing powder on top. Shook off the extra and heat embossed it. The Inchie squares emboss VERY WELL!
- Next, I colored the background with a Copic marker.
- I used my December Sky Shimmerz paint and painted the color on the mittens. It's got the bling built into the paint ~ so pretty!
- I painted on some Angel Wings Shimmerz paint on the background because I thought it was too dull.
- Then I simply attached the Inchie on some cardstock & a scallop square and added it to the calendar. So simple!
Supplies Used: Inchie Arts (White Inchie Squares); Cardstock ~ Bazzill; Pattern Paper ~ Heidi Grace (both the cover & January page); Calendar template (my own on Excel); Nestabilities; Punches ~ SU; Ink ~ Palette & Copics; Shimmerz Paint (December Sky & Angel Wings); Stamps ~ Lockhart Stamp Co. & SU (Alphabet); Standard CD case.