Monday, July 6, 2015

Gina K & Spectrum Tutorial: Spectrum Aqua Crazy Color Palette

Hi Friends!  Today I'm sharing a new tutorial using the brand new Gina K Designs set called The Wetlands by Theresa Momber and the sentiment is from the Triple Play Fillers by Melanie Muenchinger.  I colored my image with my Spectrum Aqua markers and I'm pretty sure you are going to look at the colors I picked and think there is no way that will look good...




Here's how I made my card...

Step 1: Stamp the image on Spectrum Noir Watercolor paper using pigment ink and heat emboss with clear embossing powder.



Step 2: Using the Sepia Spectrum Aqua marker, add color to the left edge of the cattail.


Step 3: Add Spectrum Aqua Chocolate next to the Sepia.


Step 4: Add Spectrum Aqua Tan on the remainder of the cattail.


Step 5: Use a waterbrush to blend the colors.


Step 6: Next add Slate and then Charcoal Spectrum Aqua colors with a waterbrush to the dragonfly's body.  I like to add color by scribbling the color directly from the marker to a paint palette.  Then just dip the watercolor brush to the palette and paint away.


Step 7: For the stems, added Olive and Moss Spectrum Aqua colors using a waterbrush.


Step 8: Add Leaf Green from the marker directly on the dragonfly wings.



Step 9: Next add Bug Green with the marker (yes, it looks horrible right now... trust me)


Step 10: And finally add some Sunflower.


Step 11: Use a watercolor brush to blend the colors.   {See... I told you it would look cool!}  Add more color with the waterbrush until you get the desired look.


Step 12: Add Aquamarine Spectrum Aqua to the background with a waterbrush.



My crazy color palette



Stay tuned for more fun Spectrum Noir & Spectrum Aqua Tutorials with Gina K Designs in the coming weeks!

2 comments:

The Craft Bucket said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love it. Jane x

Lindsey NY said...

Thanks for the clear, specific directions

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs