Monday, May 19, 2014

Pop of Color

 Hi Friends... Happy Monday!  I hope you had a great weekend and are ready for a new week.  Today I thought I'd share a card I made using the new Sheena Douglass set called Henna from the collection called A Taste of India.

First I stamped the image with Memento Luxe White ink on white cardstock & heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  Then I colored the flowers and leaves with my Spectrum Noir markers (CG1, PP2, OR1, CT4, GB6) and then added highlights using my Spectrum Noir Blendable Colored Pencils (21,23,35, 34, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46).




This card was really hard to photograph to get the colors to show up, but the black background seemed to help make the image stand out.  Unfortunately, I thought maybe I'd try and make the image stand out a bit more by adding some yellow ink to the background so the white image would stand out... TOTALLY ruined the card!  Oh well... at least I was able to get one decent picture of the white on white before I botched it up.  I still took a picture of it for you to see... blech!



Have a great day!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I prefer the white version, but I have to say that the yellow one gives an…. indian effect !

Lori Barnett said...

I know YOU think the yellow ink botched it up...but I don't think so. They are both great!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs