Friday, March 29, 2013

The Rubber Cafe ~ Embossed Background Tutorial

Hi There ~ I'm here today with an Embossed Background Tutorial.  First off, I'll show you the finished project.  Bright and fun huh?  The sets I used for this card are Background Basics 1 and Floral Background.



Here's a close up so you can see the embossing behind the floral background.  I also attached some Pearl Jellie Dots to the center of each flower with my Scrap Happy Glue and then I colored them with my Blue/Yellow Copic Markers (B28, Y35) so they would POP. 



Step 1: To get started, grab some white pigment ink & your background stamp.  Stamp the image on white cardstock & repeat as needed to cover the entire card panel.


Step 2: Working quickly, I inked the Floral Background with various shades of green, blue and yellow Memento Ink.  I did the lighter colors first and then added some darker shades in the flower centers (blues) and on the edges of the leaves (greens).  Press the inked floral image firmly over the top of the stamped background on the white card panel.



Step 3: Cover the card panel with clear embossing powder & shake off the excess.

TIP ~ Since I use lots of clear embossing powder, I keep mine in a large flat container that is big enough to dip my entire card in...it's so easy to shake off the excess powder and then put the lid back on rather than try and get it back into a little jar.


Step 4: Heat emboss the image with a heat gun.  The check pattern will begin to appear when finished.


finished embossed piece ~
now you're ready to add some embellishments and finish your card.




Supplies:
Stamps: Background Basics 1, Floral Background 
Ink: Brilliance White Pigment Ink; Memento ~ Bahama Blue, Dandelion, Bamboo Leaves, Summer Sky, Pear Tart; Copic Markers
Embellishment: Pearl Jellie Dots
Adhesive: Scrap Happy Glue
Ribbon: May Arts
Cardstock: Bazzill
Other: Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Embossing Tool

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty card,Thanks for the tutorial...

Tracey said...

I am loving the colours on this card Kendra! Gorgeous!!

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

This is gorgeous Kendra. Thanks for showing us the tutorial because I will surely be giving this a try.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs