Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tales from Alaska...

I decided to have a little fun last night with some of my pictures from our Alaska trip.  I always want to share a ton of photos, but I don't want do a big 'ole boring post.  Sooooo.... I decided to make some fast and easy digi pages on Photo Shop Elements to share with you.  I'm also going to print them out as a gift for my in-laws (who were also on the trip).  I hope you can see the photos well enough ~ some may be a bit small.

So here we go... with our first day in the Anchorage Street Market.  What a fun place to visit!


I just have to add a little note here ~ I'm not a fur person, we didn't purchase any! 
I just thought the photos were funny.

The sweet little polar bear was abandoned by mama and was rescued
by officials from the State of Alaska.



Such a fun train trip with lots of YUMMY food & the most AMAZING desserts ~
even for breakfast!


Exercising the dog on the summer sleds ~ what a blast!  I had a front row seat!


AMAZING VIEWS from Mt. Alyeska!


The animals here are all rescued and rehabilitated.  
Some are released; however, most are not because they would not survive on their own.


One of our very favorite day trips!  The weather was GORGEOUS and we saw tons of wildlife.  BTW ~ I didn't even use a zoom on the sea otter picture in the top row.  He was THAT close!


Time to board the ship in Seward, Alaska.  It was a gorgeous day filled with sunshine. 
The first day at sea was spectacular viewing the Hubbard Glacier from the ship.



Another favorite day trip in Juneau. 
BTW ~ I did NOT use a zoom on the two whale tale pictures at the bottom. 
AND...the bottom center picture is the head of the humpback!  Our guide said she had never actually seen that in real life!  What a treat!  It was amazing!


Fantastic views during this fun train trip & we saw our first bear in the wild.

Trying to strike it rich so we wouldn't have to go home! 
We ended up with $27 total ~ guess we'll need to go back to work.




Tim and I were able to do this 4 years ago; however,
the kids didn't get to go that time.  They LOVED it! 
Uncle Richard took a video as we were going down the zipline ~ 
you can see it on my Facebook page.


I'll have lots more pictures to share from this trip! 
OMW!  Another highlight from our vacation!


Well that's my slide show of our Alaska trip.  I hope you enjoyed the views.  You'll be seeing lots more photos in upcoming scrapbook pages and projects I'm sure.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Love the pictures Kendra, looks like a great time!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs