Monday, November 5, 2007

A little twist for Christmas...

I LOVE putting a little twist on my Christmas cards each year. Last year I had a peeking pocket card and this year it's a slider. Now I'm not going to show you the inside slider just yet because too many people on Christmas card list also visit my blog! Something has to be a surprise! Boy oh boy, let me tell you though, I've been trying to come up with an idea for months this year and I was so happy yesterday when I figured out what I was going to do.

Since I didn't have a blog last year at Christmas, I thought I would share what I came up with last year. I guess I like interactive cards, because it seems like every year there is something you need to pull out or move ~ LOL!



I know lots of people, even lots of stampers/cardmakers, don't take the time to make Christmas cards. And that's OK. However, I personally feel that it is the one time of year, I honestly have to make the effort. Our friends and family know that crafting is a big part of my life and many want to see a little something I've created. I always tell my husband, "You can't underestimate the power of a handmade card." {Of course, he likes to use that line on me at just the right moment to be a smart mouth} But I really do feel like it makes a difference sometimes & of course, I love the creative process. So don't forget to reach out to someone with a card or a little note, regardless of the time of year or occasion ~ I'll bet you put a smile on their face when they open the envelope.

Supplies Used (Card #1 - All supplies are from Stampin' Up!): Stamps ~ Snow Jumbo Wheel, Season of Joy; Paper ~ Soft Sky, Old Olive, Fall Flowers DS paper, Sahara Sand; Ink ~ Soft Sky, Sahara Sand; Punches: Scallop Circle, 3/4" circle, 1 1/4" circle, 1 3/8" circle, small oval circle; Ribbon ~ Soft Sky; Scissor - Mini Scallop (Fiskers).

Supplies Used (Card #2 - All supplies are from Stampin' Up!): Stamps ~ Snowflake Jumbo Wheel, Tags So Much & Warmest Regards Hostess sets from 2006 (retired); Cardstock ~ True Thyme, Canberry Crisp, Holiday Thyme DS paper (all retired); Ribbon ~ Cranberry Crisp Stitched Ribbon (retired); Hodgepodge Hardware (clip & brad).

2 comments:

Pam said...

LOVE your Christmas cards Kendra! I remember that one from last year, loved it then and still do!

Anonymous said...

Kendra, your Christmas cards are so incredibly special! Here you go again, setting the pace for everyone again! haha You always make me smile, Missy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs