Saturday, August 4, 2007

Try, Try Again...

I've had this page going in my head for over a week. Don't you just hate it when you know exactly how you want something to look, but it doesn't turn out like you thought it would? I finished up this page last night (smaller photo below), and I just felt like it wasn't done. After I photographed it this morning, I still felt that way. So I tore it apart and started playing with new colors. When I added a scrap of Chocolate Chip cardstock ~ VOILA! That is what it needed! I was thrilled with the result! By the way, these Lizzie Anne Stamps are FABULOUS!

Tip: Don't be afraid to add new colors to your pages. These are all the earthy tones and coordinate well together. By adding that simple piece of Chocolate Chip, it made the flowers and the picture POP right off the page.

Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Lizzie Anne Designs Jolies Fleurs & Hero Arts Pixie upper & lowercase alphabets, Cardstock ~ Stampin' Up! Textured Cardstock (Creamy Caramel, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip); Ink ~ SU Chocolate Chip; Markers ~ Ruby Red, More Mustard, Really Rust, Pumpkin Pie.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

POP is right! What a difference that made - turned a good page in to a great one.

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! Your "puppy" has grown into such a beauty!! And the page? Well it's a beauty in itself!

~Tex

Kathy W said...

What a difference the choc chip makes! Beautiful page; those stamps go on my wish list. Love the picture of your dog; thanks for sharing.

Lori Barnett said...

WOW that did make a difference! I love this page. I'm coming back to your blog and see what else you come up with! :)

Anonymous said...

I was chatting with Debbie O. the other day about what makes something good into something great. Sometimes it is elusive. I definitely think you nailed it. Great page.

Jen

Andrea said...

I love the example of what an extra piece of cardstock can accomplish! It went from good to extraordinary! Pretty cool that you had taken the before and after shots.

By the way, I love your blog. I have linked to yours from mine. You can check out mine at craftyengineering.blogspot.com. Just getting started!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs