Sunday, May 20, 2007

Lovin' My Little Lady...


On Friday afternoon, I opened my mailbox to discover my new Little Lady stamp set from Papertrey Ink arrived. I didn't have time to play with the it right then, but I knew I was getting together with my sweet friend Michelle on Saturday so I would be pulling it out. On Saturday, before we stamped, we decided to hit the LSS (local scrapbook store). OH MY GOODNESS! Look at this paper we found! Isn't it perfect? It's from Nana's Kids Print by Die Cuts With a View. It's even got bling & embossing right on the paper. I was totally excited about our find and couldn't wait to play.

Yes, I'm using acrylic stamps ~ I can't believe it either! Now I love wood and rubber for stamping, but I've got to say that Nichole Heady from Papertrey Ink has created the PERFECT stamps. They are high quality acrylic and they clean up very well. Her images are two-step stamping and I love that she includes several different sizes of the same image in one set. Everything about this company is top of the line ~ from the design of the stamp sets, to the packaging, shipping and product line.

Tip for using acrylic stamps: I've noticed with the acrylic stamps that you get much better results with pigment ink (Stampin' Up! Craft Ink) or chalk inks. Dye based inks tend to get to splotchy (yes, that is the technical term).
~~~~~~
Supplies Used: Stamps: Little Lady & Green Thumb (Papertrey Ink); White Cardstock: Papertrey Ink & Pixie Pink Cardstock: Stampin' Up!; Pattern Papers: Nana's Kids Print (DCWV); Ink: Craft Ink Stampin' Up!; Scalloped Edge: Paper Frills by Doodle Bug Designs; Ribbon: May Arts; Buttons: Doodle Bug Designs; Embossing Powder: Iridescent Ice Stampin' Up!

12 comments:

Pam said...

HOW CUTE!! I can't believe how perfect that paper is with the stamps, great find Kendra! I need to play, love these!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Kendra, I bought this paper too thinking it would be great w/ these lady bugs (that I don't have yet, but am going to as soon as I sell some stamp sets that I just don't use). Great minds think alike! Ü
debbie

Anonymous said...

Love the cards...the paper matches incredibly well!

Stefanie Staniak said...

Kendra these cards are beautiful - I love pink and green. I so agree with you on the Papertrey stamps. I can hardly wait to play with mine.

Beth said...

LOVE this Kendra - I love your take on the bugs - so cute!

Anonymous said...

Kendra, those are darling! The paper IS perfect!!!

Memories of Time said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Thi is my FAVORITE!!! OMG..... you totally made me WANT those stamps. KENDRA SUE!!! Oh girl.... this is dare i say it? ORGASMIC!! ;)

Michelle Wooderson said...

Kendra, your lady bug cards are darling! That paper was a perfect find too! Love, love, love your cards that you made. Glad you got to stamp with MY!

Anonymous said...

Kendra, I just love your lady bug cards. I now must have this set.LOL
Great job!

Bev Gerard said...

Kendra,
These are absolutely precious! Such yummy fun colors & combination!

Melissa said...

These are really pretty!

Anonymous said...

OMG! My favorite stamp set and my favorite colors! TFS!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs