Saturday, May 5, 2007

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!


I am super excited about this page for many different reasons! First of all, I do like how it turned out. I always enjoy working with KI Memories products and almost everything on this page was KI or Bazzill KI. I just love the little oval accents around the page and the title! It's also National Scrapbooking Day! The fact that I'm scrapping again thrills me beyond belief. I was dancin' all over my scrap room yesterday just enjoying myself as I was creating this page. So other reasons I'm all excited about this page are the little tricks I used to create the faux chipboard letters in the word BAD for my title and the perfect oval journaling block. So here's what you do:

  • Faux Chipboard Letters - First of all, I have to give credit to Debbie Fisher (Debbiedee) for this brilliant idea. As you may know, the Cricut Machine is a wonderful scrapbooking tool. Unfortunately, it won't cut chipboard. So if you want super thick letters (or any diecut shape for that matter), you can still get them from your Cricut or any other die cutting machine. Just cut three (3) of the exact same images out with your Cricut Machine. Use the same size and settings and the same paper. You will want to use a very good quality, heavy cardstock like any of the Bazzill lines or Stampin' Up! Thinner paper doesn't give the same sturdy look. Then take 2 of the 3 images and put them through a Xyron machine. Carefully layer them on top of each other making sure they are lined up perfectly. On my title, I used the shadow setting on my Cricut so they were thicker and then added the thinner letter of the patterned paper. Voila! You have a nice thick letter that will add some dimention to your page or project. Do you want it to look the color of chipboard? Then try and use Kraft cardstock & you'll get that look!

  • The Perfect Oval Journaling Block - I've been frustrated in the past when I've wanted to journal on an image that I've cut out with my Cricut. It's very difficult to line up your journaling on your Cricut cutting mat & you can't feed your cut image into your printer ~ or can you? The answer is YES! First find the shape you want to use on your page. Figure out the right size and cut it out with your machine. Then, go to your computer and open your software program. I used Photoshop Elements 5.0 for this. I made an oval using the shapes button and made it about the same size of my pre-cut image. Outlined the oval in the file and then type in journaling on a new layer inside the oval. Then print your file to make sure it's looks the way you want it to. If it's all good, remove the oval outline so it doesn't print on the final copy (unless you want it there). Print it again and save that piece of printer paper. Take your pre-cut Cricut image & put some repositionable adhesive on the back - I like to use my Xyron because it covers completely. Attach the Cricut image in the exact spot of the journaling you already printed ~ make sure it is secure. Feed it through your printer once more, and now your journaling will print in the exact spot you want it. You can also use this trick with pre-printed journaling cards or other pre-made items (as long as there are no 3D items on them). Have fun!

~~~~~

Supplies: Cardstock ~ KI Bazzill & KI Memories paper; Acrylic Letters ~ Heidi Swapp; Cricut Cartridge ~ George, Basic Shapes, Alphalicious; Embellishments ~ KI Memories

3 comments:

Creative Expressions by Stephanie said...

Clever idea!!! I have a Cricut too so now I just have to find more time to scrapbook & whoohoo! Thanks for sharing your tips!!!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Kendra, such a cool idea! I need to get that photo program

Shabbychick Junk said...

Beautiful! I can't read the story though, why is there a police officer holding Jazz? OMG I know there's a story here! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs