Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Tutorial: Spectrum Aqua Snowflake Tags

I need to find some time to start getting my Christmas packages wrapped & I love adding little hand made tags that match the packages.  These pretty little tags are from the snowflake dies and the sentiment from the Holiday Seasons stamp set by Gina K Designs.  Below is a tutorial on how I made the snowflakes with my Spectrum Aqua Markers.


Step 1: Trim the dies using Spectrum Noir Watercolor paper.



Step 2: Using a paint palette, scribble several coordinating colors in the ink wells.  I used Marine, Teal, Kingfisher, and Aquamarine.


Step 3: Using the lightest color, (Aquamarine) add color to the snowflake with a waterbrush.


Step 4: Next, start scribbling darker colors all over the snowflakes.  Just scribble away and add more color as desired.


Here is the first finished snowflake.



For the second snowflake, I decided to go with some darker tones of Blue ~ Navy, Peacock Blue, and Kingfisher.


I used the same "scribble" technique on the second snowflake.  TIP: if the color is darker than you want, just add more water and blot the wet ink with a paper towel.


Here are the snowflakes on the tags.



Happy Wrapping!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs