Monday, February 16, 2015

Spectrum Aqua Pens.... so in love!!!

Everything lined up perfectly this weekend... for crafting that is!  On Friday, my Spectrum Aqua pens arrived from Crafter's Companion and then on Saturday morning we had a blizzard and the whole county shut down (including church on Sunday).  I'm sure I don't need to tell you what I was up to... WATERCOLORING, of course!  Oh My Word... I am in love with these new Spectrum Aqua pens.  Seriously, I don't think watercoloring could be any easier then with these lovelies!

I stamped the large flower from the Sheena Douglass Flower Power set on watercolor paper with white pigment ink and then heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  After that, I just started laying down colors.  For the large flower, I used Crimson, Pink Rose, Begonia, Gold, and then used a watercolor brush to blend them.  Then I scribbled a bit of Red Violet on one of my acrylic stamping blocks and used my watercolor brush to apply it to the petals.  I'm a bit bummed with the photograph, because it doesn't show the shading very well.  In real life, there is a ton of shading and layers of color. For the small flower, I used Crimson, Sunset, and Gold.  After blending them with a watercolor brush, I added a tiny bit of Red Violet the same way as I did on the large flower.  For the leaves, I used the set called A New Leaf and used the Moss and Olive Spectrum Aquas and a watercolor brush.  


{inspired by this card on Pinterest}

For the background piece, I embossed a piece of watercolor paper with the 8x8 Embossalicious Folder Grande Dots.  Then I scribbled the Desert Spectrum Aqua all over it and blended the color with my watercolor brush.  The sentiment is from the Vintage Floral set called Verses and I sprayed the white background with Desert Sand Fireworks spray.

I'll be doing a tutorial with these new Spectrum Aquas very soon... but I had to play with them first, so my first several cards won't have any step-by-step photos.  BUT... they are super easy to use!

Supplies from Crafter's Companion:

Spectrum Aqua - Large Flower: Crimson, Pink Rose, Begonia, Gold, Red Violet;
Small Flower: Crimson, Sunset, Gold, Red Violet;
Leaves: Moss, Olive;
Embossed Background piece: Desert
Stamp sets: Sheena Douglass - Flower Power; A New Leaf; Vintage Floral Verses
Memento - Tuxedo Black 
Memento Luxe - Wedding Dress White
Embossing Folder: 8x8 Grande Dots
Fireworks Spray: Desert Sand

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs