Thursday, November 21, 2013

Twas the Night Before Christmas...

Hi There! I'm here today with another Christmas card using the November Creative Cafe Kit called Twas the Night from The Rubber Cafe.

The first thing I did was cut all of my cardstock and pattern paper pieces (measurements below):

* Black card base - 4 1/4" x 11" (scored at 5.5")
* Green card panel - 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
* Black mat - 3 1/4" x 3 3/4"
* Snowflake pattern paper - 3 1/8" x 3 5/8" 
* Red pattern paper - 2" x 5" 
* Black mat - 2 1/8" x 5 1/8"



Step 1: I wanted to add some texture to the green card panel, so I used all of the small snowflakes from the Let It Snow Background Add-On stamp set.  I used a small acrylic stamping block and scattered the snowflakes on the block.  Then I used VersaMark ink to stamp a background.

Step 2: Once the background was stamped, I attached the green card panel to the black card base.  Next, I attached the snowflake pattern paper to the black mat and attached that on top of the green card panel.


Step 3: The next step is to make a banner out of the red pattern paper.  One of the easiest ways to do this is to take a square punch and line up the bottom edge in a perfect diagonal in the punch and then trim the edge.  Then I matted the red pattern paper with a black mat and trimmed the black cardstock.  You can trim it with scissors (using the pattern paper as a guide) or the square punch.  Then attach the matted banner to the card base.


Step 4: Next, I stamped the Santa sleigh image on black cardstock with white pigment ink.  This has a great chalkboard look to it.

Step 5:  A great paper saving tip is to cut your image out a little larger than needed using a decorative edge die.  Then using a smaller die, cut the image again (I used an oval).  I trimmed a piece of green cardstock with a slightly larger oval die as a mat and then put that on top of my decorative edge die shape. Once they are stacked together, no one has any clue that the shape on the bottom has a big hole in it. VOILÁ!  Easy Peasy!


Step 6: Attach the stamped image to the card using Kool Tac Foam squares and then add a bow with the black seam binding.  I also added a snowflake embellishment with a red square gem (all part of the Creative Cafe Kit).


Hoping you have a happy holiday season!

Supplies:
Creative Cafe Kit ~ Twas the Night (November 2013 Kit) ~ The Rubber Cafe
Snowflake Background Stamps ~ Let It Snow Add-On set for the Creative Cafe Kit
Cardstock ~ Bazzill (contained in the kit)
Pattern Paper ~ Echo Park (contained in the kit)
Ribbon ~ Black Seam Binding (contained in the kit)
Snowflake & Sequins ~ contained in the kit
Clear Gems ~ Queen & Co.  (contained in the kit)
Adhesive ~ Kool Tac Foam
Ink ~ Memories Pigment Ink (white); VersaMark
Dies ~ Spellbinder (Oblong Ovals; Labels 25)
Square Punch ~ EK Success


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs