Monday, November 4, 2013

TRC Kit ~ Fall Wreath

Hi Friends!  I'm here today to share one more card using the fabulous new Creative Cafe Kit for October called Fall Harvest from The Rubber Cafe.  For my card today, I used the stamp set that comes with the kit called Harvest Time, as well as the add-on set called Fall Traditions to make my own background paper with the fabulous words and phrases that are in both sets.



When making background paper, it's important to stamp the largest words first and then fill in the spaces with the smaller words.  I also changed directions and alternated the block words with non-block words so it is pleasing to the eye.  Once I stamped all of the words (sometimes multiple times), I added a few of the small leaf & acorn images in the blank spots.


I added a square of the burlap fabric included in the kit and removed a few strings from each side for the frayed look.  For the main image on the card, I used the acorn wreath and stamp it in Memento Rich Cocoa Ink and then stamped the dotted wreath over the top with Memento Rhubarb Stalk Ink to tie in the color of the background paper.

For the finishing touches on my card, I added some pretty burgundy seam binding ribbon and a big bow.  Then I colored the wooden banner with the Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink and stamped the sentiment in Memento Rich Cocoa.


Thanks for buzzing by today!

1 comment:

Kristie W. said...

Wonderful fall card! I really appreciate you showing how you made the background paper, it's neat and good to have some tips should I ever try it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs