Tuesday, December 18, 2012

"Pin-Spired" Day #18 ... Hot Cocoa Bar


I had so much fun yesterday making this delivery to the music department at our high school.  Concord Community Schools has one of the most amazing music programs around and the directors & staff are all fantastic.  Both of my kids have found their special "spot" at school because of this program...so it holds a special place in my heart.  For this reason, I wanted to share this fun Christmas treat with the amazing directors and staff... a Hot Cocoa Bar.  



I found 6 different "mix-ins" for their cocoa ~ white chocolate chips, peppermint chips, mini marshmallows, chocolate caramel candies, mini chocolate chips and mini peanut butter cups.  Then added these yummy round cookies in the middle.  I printed up labels on the computer and then punched them out and added them to the cups so they would be able to identify them.


Next I added a tin of various types of cocoa ~ gourmet cocoa, french vanilla, raspberry, mint and peppermint.  I also added a few packets of spiced cider just in case someone doesn't like chocolate.


Here is a tray of chocolate dipped peppermint sticks and spoons for stirring their yummy concoction.  I bagged each one so they could take one home if they wanted.


And the Hot Cocoa Bar wouldn't be complete without a few sweet treats to go with the cocoa.  So I purchased a few boxes of the yummy Loft House cookies since I didn't have time to bake this weekend.


My project today was "Pin-spired" by this Pin
{just click on the photo for the link}





Today my "Pin-spired" friend is ~ Broni Holcombe.  So hop on over to her blog and see what she came up with for as a "Pin-spired" project!

Don't forget ~ Weekly Blog Candy!  Each Friday I will be drawing a random comment from my blog to give away some cool blog candy.  You may leave as many comments as you'd like each week.  Then at the end of my "Pin-Spired" Celebration, I'll have more prizes to share with more lucky winners!  

Blog Candy Rules:  Comments that I deem unkind or look like spam will be deleted.  Winners will be posted on my blog each Saturday and must send me an email with your contact information.  Deadline for final blog candy drawing will be midnight (ET) on December 21, 2012.  If you fail to provide contact information to me by December 31, 2012, prizes will be forfeited.

WOW ~ The days are really winding down to my "Pin-spired" celebration!  Just 3 posts left!  Hope you are enjoying the fun!

10 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

What a special mom you are! I bet the kids loved this! (as well as the adults Ü)

Broni said...

What a fabulous hot chocolate bar, Kendra! Very classy looking, yet so much fun! I'm having crock pot hot chocolate for my family dinner this weekend, so I'm going to use your idea and set up a little bar for the kids! Thanks for all the fun and inspiration!

Kristie W. said...

What a fun idea and super idea! I bet the kids and staff had fun with this!

lisa808 said...

What a great idea! I'm certain this was a fun and special treat for the kids.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Oh my goodness...yum, yum, yum! Might give this a go at our Christmas party. Fun!

Sue D said...

What a wonderful way to treat the directors and staff!

Denise Bryant said...

This is a very fun idea! I love all the extras you offered to go with the hot chocolate. Bet everybody loved it!
DeniseB

Unknown said...

This is an awesome idea! Much easy to do that making the portfolio's for Katie's educational team. Will have to keep this idea for next year! TFS!

Mary-Anne V said...

wow you are a great mom...this is a perfect gift for those who help our children at school. Really like the idea!

MamaKaraba said...

LOVE your hot cocoa bar! Such a "sweet" gesture!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs