Saturday, April 28, 2007

Sometimes it's just fun to CASE...


I loved this idea when I saw it on a DaisyD idea card,
so I just had to CASE it!
Supplies: Pattern paper, die-cuts, rub-ons: DaisyD
This page was so much fun & very easy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

....Hmmmm...what does CASE mean you ask? Well it means, Copy And Share {or Steal} Everything. There are tons and tons of magazines, idea books, and website galleries out there for stamping, scrapping & paper crafting. Things are just begging to be made! I am an idea book junkie {among other things} and I love to borrow ideas or get inspiration from all of these resources. BUT, there is a fine line between stealing an idea for gain or just using it for personal use. The page above was CASE'd from an idea card by daisyd's that was on display at our local scrapbook store. The cards were right there with all the papers and supplies ~ how cool is that? I printed this beautiful picture of my gorgeous girl and then added the elements to the page just like it said on the card ~ fast, easy, beautiful & IT'S DONE! So what am I going to do with this page, besides show it to you? I'm going to put it in my album for my family to enjoy. And that's it! It won't be submitted for publication or shared in a gallery where I pass it off as my original idea.
~~~~~~
As a published scrapbooker and stamper, I share ideas all the time. I enter contests, submit ideas to companies and magazines, and put my ideas on the web all the time. I am honored when someone leaves a comment that they like my work and I find it rather humbling when someone leaves a comment that says, "I have got to CASE this!". However, I find it rather frustrating when my work is CASE'd without credit. So bottom line for the way I do business ~ if you CASE, just give credit where credit is due. If something you saw inspired you, say so! If you copied something from someone, say so! Thanks for listening ~ now go scrapbook or stamp!
~~~~~~
Tips for using Rub-On Transfers: I love to use rub-on alphabets and flourishes. What a fabulous way to add a little something to your page or card right in that perfect spot. They usually come on a whole sheet of transfers that can be used on many different projects. Some of them are VERY sticky ~ like these DaisyD Rub-Ons that stuck to my picture before I was ready! While I was working on this page, I got the rub-on transfer sheet a bit to close to the picture and some of it stuck so I had to print a new picture. The best approach to using these transfers, is to cut out the one image you want to use and then apply it to the correct spot. They are much easier to handle & then something doesn't get stuck down to your picture or layout that you weren't intending.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs