Saturday, November 12, 2016

Back to the Books...

 Hi Friends... Sorry I've been so quiet here on the blog lately.  It's been a crazy fall with marching band, but now the season is finished and it's time to refocus my crafty time and get back into my scrapbooks.  While I enjoy making cards {and will continue to make them}, I've decided that I need to spend more time in my photo albums going forward.  I've got tons of albums/piles just waiting to go!  I love getting lost in my photos with pocket page scrapbooks, digital pages from the Project Life App, mini albums and the traditional 12x12 layouts.

Today I'm sharing the cover page of my latest project... Spring Break 2013 using the Simple Stories kit called You are Here.  So far, I am using this kit for most of my pages, which helps me accomplish more pages.  We flew down to New Orleans for a few days and then went on a 7-day cruise to the Western Caribbean.   This page shows a glimpse of the stops we made & the things we did on that trip.  The rest of the album is a combination of 12x12 layouts, pocket/Project Life pages, and 8 1/2" x 11 portrait pages.  In the last few weeks, I have completed about 20 pages in this album & I'm excited to share my layouts with you in the coming weeks.



I did an image search on Google for each of the places we visited and then printed these photos on my printer at home with a white border around each.  I used my typewriter for the labels & then trimmed them out with a tab die from Taylored Expressions.


I love to mix and match the pretty patterned paper from the kit and add stickers, stamping and die cut embellishments to my pages. The postage border & leaf dies are from Taylored Expressions & the stamps for the dates are from Hero Arts.   I also added Kaiser Craft rhinestones to the center of each flower sticker.


Thanks for stopping by today for a little tropical break!
I'll share more very soon...

1 comment:

Patti J said...

You are so good to do this book thing! I have boxes upon boxes of pictures taken over the years...ugh! If we die, our kids will not love us at all!!! Great job, Kendra, as always! Got my box yesterday - very nice. Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs