Hey There ~ it's wedding season around here and I wanted to share a fun way to dress up a gift card for the special day. The wonderful sentiments and cake image are all from the Swingin' Summer set by Gourmet Rubber Stamps. And the pretty paper is from My Minds Eye (Miss Caroline Fiddlesticks collection).
Directions for Gift Card Bag:
- Cut 2" off the top of white bag with scallop scissors for a decorative edge
- Cut light purple cardstock the width of the bag (3 3/4") & use a scallop edge punch to create a decorative edge.
- Cut a piece of darker purple cardstock and a piece of pattern paper for layers.
- Wrap ribbon around the bag and create a bow with some twine and a matching button.
- Stamp the wedding cake image in coordinating pattern paper (you'll want to make sure the pattern on this paper is small because of the detail on the wedding cake image).
- Trim the wedding cake image, color the flowers on the cake and add some clear gems attach the cake to the bag with foam dots.
- Stamp a sentiment on the light purple cardstock and attach it
to the bag with foam dots.
- Using the same colors of cardstock and pattern paper, cut a
piece light purple cardstock for the gift card holder 4" x 6".
Along the 6" side, score the cardstock at 1 1/2" & 4".
- Cut a piece of dark purple cardstock 4" x 2". Using an edge punch, punch out a scallop edge and attach it to the top flap.
- Add pattern paper to the top and bottom flaps of the gift card holder.
- Add pom-pom trim on top flap.
- Stamp sentiment and punch out with an oval punch and punch out a decorative mat in the darker purple cardstock and attach to the top flap.
- Attach magnet enclosure to the inside top & bottom flaps.
GRS Stamps: Swingin' Spring
Pattern Paper: My Mind's Eye (Miss Caroline Fiddlesticks)
Trim: Maya Roads trim & May Arts twine
Markers: Copic (V17, V22)
Ink: Palette Noir
Punches: EK Success
Decorative Scissors: Fiskars
Bag: white bag (approx 3 3/4"x 7")
Magnet closure - Basic Grey