Friday, June 8, 2007

Another Alaska Update...

Just a quick update before I hit the sack. We are in Anchorage tonight after spending yesterday in Talkeetna. Can you say Northern Exposure? Apparently, the teeny tiny town of Talkeetna was the inspiration for the TV show Northern Exposure. We went on a raft trip where Matt got to help row the raft. We did manage to spot a few Bald Eagles, but that was about it. We stayed at the Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge -- GORGEOUS! The locals cracked me up and we had a great time. This afternoon, we boarded our motorcoach for Anchorage. The hotel is beautiful and the kids were happy to play in the pool. Other than that, I enjoyed the Alaskan wilderness much more than the big city.

Tomorrow we board the ship & we are all ready for that. It's been a wonderful four days, but we are ready to unpack our bags and sleep in the same bed for more than one night.

I'll check in when I can... not sure what kind of internet access we will have on the ship.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see pictures! We didn't do any inland stuff when we went on an Alaska cruise. Now, that Maggie is older, I'd love to go again.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs