Thursday, February 27, 2014

Time for a Coffee Break!

Hi There!  I'm here today with a fun card using the latest Creative Cafe Kit from The Rubber Cafe.  Each month the Creative Cafe Kits come with fabulously fun embellishments.  This month there were some wooden tags, coffee scented embossing powder and gorgeous white lace, among many other wonderful things.



Step #1: I decided to use the stack of tea cups for my focal point on this card from the Tea for Two set that comes with the February kit.  I inked it up with Rich Cocoa Memento Luxe ink and then stamped it on the wooden tag.


Step #2: I heat embossed the image with the Coffee Scented embossing powder that came with the kit.  Then I colored my image with alcohol ink markers.

** Tip: Use a light touch, the ink will bleed on the wood embellishment.


Step #3: The kit came with this gorgeous lace trim, but white didn't really match the colors of my card, so I colored it with my alcohol ink marker to match.


Step #4: I trimmed a few pieces of pattern paper for my card and roughed up the edges with the blade of some old scissors for a shabby look.


Step #5: The Creative Cafe Kit also comes with some beautiful Bazzill Swiss Dotted cardstock.  To go along with the shabby look, I used some Walnut Stain Distress Ink and sponged is across the top of the raised dots.  Then I used the Antique Linen ink on the edges of the card.


Step #6: Now it's time to assemble the prepared elements from Steps 1-5.


Step #7: I added a pretty bow using the dark red seam binding from the kit and then attached the tag to the card.  I also stamped the sentiment from the Coffee Break Add-On stamp set to the bottom of the card.  I inked it with Memento Luxe Ink (Rich Cocoa) and heat embossed it with the Coffee Scented Embossing Powder.



Step #8: As a final touch, I added some scraps of pattern paper and more embossed sentiments and images to the inside of the card as a fun little surprise.


Enjoy your Creative Cafe Kit this month!
It's TONS of fun!

Supply List:
Creative Cafe Kit - Tea for Two (Tea for Two stamp set; Coffee Break Add-On set; Cardstock (Brown & Swiss Dot Green); Patter Paper; Coffee Scented Embossing Powder; Wooden Tag; Lace Trim; Seam Binding
Ink - Rich Cocoa Memento Luxe; Distress Ink (Walnut Stain & Antique Linen)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs