Saturday, May 7, 2011

HAPPY {NSD} National Scrapbooking Day!

IT'S TIME TO HOP!

That's right!  Since it's National Scrapbooking Day ~ OCL is having a blog hop to celebrate.  I love scrapbooking when I have a chance, so of course, I HAD to make a page! 

My beautiful daughter is one of my very favorite scrapbooking subjects!   On my page today, I added some stamped images to help embellish the page, but they don't distract from the main focus ~ the photograph.   Another little trick I used ~ I added a quote in Photoshop Elements on my photo before I printed it.  There was so much white space next to her, it really needed something.



What I Did: I used several borders from the Fancy Fringe set by stamping them tone-on-tone (same color ink and paper).  I used the flourish border on the blue scallop border piece; on the brown cardstock, I used the small dotted border, and I also used the large dot border down the side of the page and under the photo.  Then I used the script background stamp from the Love Notes set behind the large dots along the side of the page, on the chipboard hearts (which I stamped in Burnt Umber Palette ink), and up on the top left side under the button accent.    I used both of the sets in pretty understated ways, but add a nice touch of texture to the page. 

Play Along: There is a special blog post TODAY on the OCL Blog.  At the bottom of that post, you will be able to LINK your blog or public gallery post!  All you have to do is create a scrapbook page (any size or shape) OR a card/project that features a photo. Your project must also feature OCL stamps. 
If you leave your link, our Design Team will vote to select ONE WINNER from all the entries & the winner will receive a fabulous OCL  stamp set. 

In addition, everyone who leaves a comment on the OCL Blog, will be entered into a random drawing where we will select ONE MORE  WINNER who will also receive a stamp set.  All comments and links provided must be posted  before midnight (PT) on Sunday, May 8th to be eligible to WIN!  Winners will be posted on Monday, May 9th on the OCL Blog.     

We can’t wait to see what you CREATE!

Who is Hopping?
Here's a list of who is playing along today on the OCL Hop!  And don't forget to add your link too!
Heather McNally
Kendra Wietstock {that's me}
Amber Hillman
Latrice Murphy
Mandy Sarver
Deb Felts
Pam Hooten
Lori Tecler
Debbie Seyer

Check out the OCL Blog for all the details!

12 comments:

Amber (bambi64) said...

Very pretty, Kendra. Love the layout.

Debbie Seyer said...

Love this, kendra! I never thought to write on my pictures in Photoshop. What a great idea! Just a lovely page!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

LOVE this, K!!!

Pam said...

Ahhh yes, a beauty indeed, your daughter and your page!

Tracey said...

This is a gorgeous page Kendra!! I love it!!

Gale said...

Nice layout. Yes, she is a beauty!

Broni said...

Ack! Kendra, this layout is gorgeous!!

Deb said...

This is gorgeous, and so is she!

lisa808 said...

'Beauty'ful page!

Joan V said...

Kendra, your daughter's page is beautiful. I love that the detail does not distract you from her picture. Thanks for sharing.

lolo said...

such a pretty layout, I love the colors

Lori said...

This is lovely, Kendra! Adding text to the photo was a great idea.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs