Monday, June 1, 2009

Fun OCL Announcements!

I'd better let you know right away that is one will be a long post. BUT...it's full of all kinds of FUN STUFF!

I'll start off with a ver exciting announcement! It's a new Design Team for Our Craft Lounge! Talk about an AMAZING group of talent ~ WOW! And I have the honor of being the new Design Team Coordinator for the group ~ I am just thrilled about this! So here is the list of our new team of designers ~

Amber Hillman
Beth Silaika
Carol Halvorson
Charmaine Ikach
Cindy Lawrence
Deb Felts
Denise Marzec
Heather McNally
Holly McMillen
Kendra Wietstock
Kisa Peters
Lila Holgate
Pam Hooten
Valerie Stangle

The OCL Chicks:
Cambria Turnbow
Joy Kennedy
Debbie Corbori (OCL Illustrator)
Marianne Walker (OCL Illustrator)

To introduce everyone, we are all doing a blog hop today! But don't go anywhere just yet because I still have lots to show you today.

I needed to make some teacher gifts this weekend since my kids finish up school this Tuesday. Nothing like waiting until the last minute! So I pulled out my favorite new OCL set called Bookworm! It's just perfect for teacher gifts & it just happens to be the OCL Spotlight Set of the Week for this week!

When I started stamping this gift set, I really wasn't sure how it would end up. I had lots of ideas going, but I'm thrilled with the final projects. I made these great lunch type gift bags with little tags on them (I LOVE THEM!).

Then I made little note tins that are filled with cut up pieces of notebook paper for scrap paper. Two of the tins read, "Note of Thanks" & the other two tins I made say, "Just a Note".

These are the Thank You cards I made to go with the cute little ensemble. I love the lined & scalloped notebook paper by Creative Imaginations & the Cursive pattern paper from Imaginsce.

Also in the teachers bags are some gift card holders. Along with the Bookworm set, I also used the solid apple from the set called Swingin' By ~ it's a great addition to this gift card holder.

I've been working in the school library all year, so I decided to make a little gift for the librarian too. She is so much fun to work with. We have not only gotten a lot done this year, but we had a good time in the process! Rather than a card, I made a bookmark and wrote on the back.

Not only did I get all this stuff made on Sunday, but I also made 13 teacher Thank You cards! My dear daughter is graduating 6th grade and wanted to give cards to ALL of her teachers over the last 7 years ~ OH MY! I'll share those cards later this week.

Well... are ya still with me? I have just a few more quick announcements.
There is a fun new June Sketch Challenge over on the OCL Forums ~ join in, we'd love to see what you come up with! And, there is a new OCL 5 + 1 Swap for all you talented swappers out there! Go take a look!
OK ~ NOW you can go hop along to all the other designers blogs!

13 comments:

Kisa Peters said...

Great teacher gifts! LOVE the tin with papers!! Cute cute!

You are going to be ONE AWESOME leader Kendra Babe!

Debbie Corbari said...

Kendra...you AMAZE me girl! AMAZE! Congrats on being DT leader! I can think of no one better...truly! Your teacher gifts/cards are absolutely ADORABLE! Good lord! You are just FABULOUS!

Deb said...

Kendra, I love your fun teacher gifts with this set! They are fabulous, perfect and adorable! They will LOVE them!

Thank you so much for inviting me to be on this amazing team! I can hardly believe it when I see my name among the names of all these amazing designers. I am thrilled and very grateful! {{hugs}}

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my goodness, what an adorable project. It couldn't be any cuter!!

Memories of Time said...

AWESOME Kendra! You are amazing and I appreciate you times a MILLION! :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a wonderful set, Kendra! ADORABLE! I'm loving your ladybugs too! :) So happy to be working with you!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

SWEEEEEEET sweet work here, Kendra Sue! Love it all! And love working with you on the DT. Cheers to you, our fearless leader! Love ya!

MichelleY said...

Congratulations on your new leadership opportunity. I know OCL will benefit from your efforts. They are such an AWESOME company and now they will be able to get the word out to more stampers!!!

Also, I ADORE your teacher gifts. I bet the teachers are going to hate saying good bye to Megan. She's such a sweet heart....I love that boy of yours, too!!

Amber (bambi64) said...

You were a busy little worm, weren't you? wow!! Love all those gifts. You were so much better than I was this year. My teachers only ended up with thank you cards but it's cause school ended so much sooner for us that I ran out of time!!

Great to be working with you, so excited!

MaGoooo said...

CONGRATS!!!

The teacher projects are AWESOME!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Darling projects! Congratulations on your DT coordinator position! You make these stamps ROCK!

Pam said...

Love your teacher gifts Kendra, they will love them! You do wonders with this set!!

Debbi T said...

Congratulations, my friend. I'm excited, happy and THRILLED for your newest challenge! YOU GO! You'll do great, I think you're a born organizer! :)

Love you, my friend!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs