Friday, October 10, 2008

Inchie Friday...Pumpink Guts!

Well...It's Inchie Friday once again. I had to take last week off because of new releases for both Lizzie Anne and Hanna Stamps, but here is my next installment for Inchie Arts.

As you can probably tell, I love making paper crafts for Halloween. Special treats, spooky cards, and of course scrapbook pages that document all the fun activities. There are just so many ideas for this very fun holiday! The candy alone this year is just so cool ~ like the Pumpkin Spice & Candy Corn Kisses or how about the cute little Ghost Peeps!

Each year, carving pumpkins is a must in our house. Matt loves to dig out the pumpkin guts so he can carve (with help) his beautiful orange pumpkin. He loves to squish the guts through his fingers and dig out the seeds. What a boy!


As I was thinking about ideas for this page, I decided I wanted to show yet another way to use the Inchie squares from Inchie Arts. Here I've taken a large stamp with a wheelbarrow full of pumpkins & then cut out and colored single pumpkins from the image. I also drew a Jack-o-Lantern face on each one with a black marker. You can see the picture below of the full stamp ~ sorry, I can't for the life of me figure out why it keeps rotating sideways. So if you put your right ear on your right shoulder ~ you'll see it just fine. Think of today as doing your neck exercises!


Once the face was drawn, I attached it to a 3/4" square of pattern paper and then I used my Copic Markers to color the edges and top of the Inchie square. I attached the pattern paper to the colored Inchie square and then applied a thin layer of Diamond Glaze over the entire Inchie. It gave it a nice finished look as an embellishment for the page.

Next week's Inchie Project...we'll be jumping in the leaves!

Supplies Used: Inchie Arts ~ white Inchie Squares; Cardstock & Pattern Paper ~ SU; Ink ~ Palette & Copics; Stamps ~ Lockhart Stamp Company & Hero Arts (alphabet); Diamond Glaze; Die Cut Alphabet ~ Cricut (Alphalicious cartridge).

1 comment:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love the title! Ü Great pics and great memories!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs