Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sweets for my Sweets...

I just {heart} Valentine's Day. Yes, it's kind of corny & sappy, but I really enjoy making extra special little treats for my sweeties. I am SO EXCITED about my projects this year!

It all started when I found these adorable little dishes at Michael's for $.99! I bought 4 of them and then found this fun Valentine brownie mix with the pink, red and white chocolate sprinkles. I was a bit surpised when the entire brownie batter mix filled the four dishes, but it came out perfectly. I ended up baking the brownies for about an hour because they were so thick ~ but I think they are a bit too done. But hey, it's chocolate, it can't be that bad ~ right? I think I'll serve it with some ice cream to soften them up a bit.

Anyway, while I had the brownies in the oven, I started making the little cards and tags. The fabulous stamp set ~ it's called Hearts & Hugs by Our Craft Lounge. For some reason I really wanted to use kraft cardstock with pink and red ~ I think the color combo turned out super cute! I used some Rockstar Red and Cotton Candy Pink Sparkly Fluff for the big hearts & I love how those turned out.


I was totally inspired on this project by my good friend Michelle Wooderson ~ she makes so many cute elements & doo-dads for her cards and tags!

The cute cup and plate (and the oh so soft heart shaped pillow) pictured are from Target. I filled the cup with heart shaped chocolates and made a tag that matched the cards. CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!! The super cuddly pillow is for my daughter ~ shhhhhh.... don't tell her!

I can't wait to give my husband and kids these fun treats later today ~ YUM!!! Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Supplies from i{heart}papers: Stamps ~ Our Craft Lounge (Hearts & Hugs); Sparkly Fluff ~ Our Craft Lounge (Cotton Candy Pink & Rockstar Red); Nestabilities ~ Scallop Squares, Circles & Scallop Circles.


5 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh wow, now THAT'S a good brownie serving!! Loooooove brownies...oh yum! Adorable treats and cards for your family. They'll LOVE these!

Taylor said...

Oh, these are so adorable! What great gifts!

MaGoooo said...

What GREAT gifts these are for Valentine's!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wow! You really did great on these goodies, so precious and yummy looking!

papertrails leaver said...

these are super sweet indeed! I hope the kids and hubby enjoyed them!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs