Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Clamshell Cards...



My friend Michelle is yet again a source of inspiration to me. I saw her cute clamshell cards on her blog & decided to make some for all my March birthdays ~ it's a very busy birthday month! I am super excited with how these turned out & they were very easy to make with my Nestabilities. These wonderful little dies are so handy & easy to store. While punches are fun, they are big and bulky AND you can't punch through two sheets of cardstock like you can with the Nestabilities. Michelle has a great tutorial on her blog, so hop on over there and check it out.

I'll have two more versions of this card tomorrow ~ so stay tuned...

Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Live Your Dream (SU); Cardstock ~ Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi, white; Pattern Paper ~ Afternoon Tea (SU); Ink ~ Chocolate Chip, Groovy Guava, Certainly Celery (marker); Circle & Scallop Dies ~ Nestabilities; Ribbon ~ Chocolate Taffeta.

9 comments:

Kookie said...

I love this!

Lana said...

Ooops! I accidentally peeked!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE - LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!! Kendra - these are SWEET!

Judy in Indiana said...

I debated and debated about getting that set. Now I wish I did, but then again, I can't always get my sets to work for me like they seem to for other people. This is gorgeous.

Shannon Tompkins said...

Thanks for showing how you used your nestie for that. I will have to try real soon - who needs the caroseul notes!

Vicki G said...

Kendra, your cards are SO elegant!!!!


Vicki

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Oh my!!!! I love these cards!!!!!

CreativeMish said...

These are very nice!
Some day I'll have one of those templates

Michelle D
Creative Treasures

Aleks said...

Oh, I see how it's done now...duh. This is such a neat idea...I'm not sure how the whole spellbinders system works though...do you need a machine?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs