Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A few CAS Valentine cards...

I've been creating like CRAZY over the last few weeks.  I'm having a BLAST stamping all sorts of projects in a zillion different styles & today I have three Clean and Simple cards to share.

First up ~ It was freezing cold yesterday so I hid in my studio with the fireplace roaring & played with my Chevron Stripes Coveralls Background stamp by Gourmet Rubber Stamps.  This stamp is a HUGE background and there is so much you can do with it!  Not only can you make great backgrounds on your cards, but here I stamped it in red ink on kraft cardstock and then used my heart die cut to trim it out for my tag.  Then I also used the same stamp for the turquoise border and just trimmed a 3/4" strip to add on my card.

For the adorable Sizzix tag, I simply stamped the lined stamp from the Noteworthy set in Sky Blue Memento Ink and then added the LOVE YOU sentiment in Love Letter Red Memento Ink.  After I added the Chevron heart to the tag, I popped up a little polka-dot embossed heart & then some red/white twine.  My finishing touch on the card is the punched edge at the top.  I love it ~ so simple but so fun!




My next two cards are for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge this week.  The challenge is Long & Short ~ which means one long side and one short side to the card.


For both of my cards I used the Just Wanted To Say stamp set for the telephone and then I used the sentiment from Happy Heart Day on the first card & Everyday Sayings for the second card.  All of the sets are by Gourmet Rubber Stamps.




Go play along on the CAS-ual Friday challenge this week ~ it's super fun and they have a new challenge each week.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Loving all of these cards Kendra! I really like the first one with the chevron heart. What color of red ink did you use? I am looking for a new red.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

These are great...I love the red with kraft...nice combo. And the old fashioned phone against the white doily really pops.

Deb said...

Love the colors you chose for your CAS-ual Fridays cards. They are so striking! Thanks for playing along with us!

Lynn said...

Three absolutely fabulous cards....love all the CAS designs! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs