Friday, August 1, 2008

Saving the Best for Last...

I love this new set from Hanna Stamps ~ in fact, it my favorite of this release! She's so hip and cool! There are also lots of great supporting images in this set too. All the new sets are available today over at Hanna Stamps.

Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Hanna Stamps (Teacher); Cardstock ~ Prism, Stampin' Up & Papertrey Ink; Ink ~ Palette, Stampin' Up! & Copics; Pattern Paper ~ Stampin' Up!; Punches ~ Stampin' Up!; Ribbon ~ May Arts; Apple ~ Unknown (I found it on the sidewalk ~ what a find).

Masking Technique Tutorial ~

I'm sure most of know how to do the masking technique. However, on the off chance that you don't, I thought I would put some pictures together on how I added the oval under Hanna's stool.

Step #1: Select the image that you want to see in it's entirity. Then stamp it on your cardstock. In my case, I wanted to see the entire image of Hanna and her stool.


Step #2: Stamp the image again on a Post-it note or they have special Masking tape called Eclipse Masking Paper just for this purpose. Cut the image out and place it over your stamped image. Now in my case, it was pretty easy because they were just stool legs. Therefore, I just cut strips of paper from a Post-It note and attached them to the 3 legs of the stool.

Step #3: Ink up the image you want to stamp over the masking and stamp it. You will stamp on your masking & that's what is supposed to happen.



Step #4: Remove the stamp and your masking and you have a beautifully layered image.


Like I said, I'm sure most of you already know how to do this, but if you don't, I hope it helped. It always helps me to see pictures.

6 comments:

Debbi T said...

Goodness me, Kendra Sue! With 4 teachers in my family (and dad being a retired teacher!), I see this set as my next "must have" Hanna set!

GREAT card - love that apple. :)

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love this card Kendra! I love the expression on her face. This is a teacher that truly loves her students and loves to teach!

Anonymous said...

Okay, Kendra, I have to have this one. It so says me. That is the way I sit most of the time. I'm not sure I have my hands out like that, but I love this stamp.

Gail S. said...

Cute card and the tutorial was great! I love the little apple accent!

Terri said...

Thank you, that was a great tutorial, I always find it easier to follow instructions with a visual too.

MichelleY said...

ADORABLE card! This really is a sweet stamp set. Thank you for the AWESOME toot, as well!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs