Monday, July 21, 2008

YUM! It's time for some Apple pickin'...

It's not time to pick apples just yet, but you can bet that we will be getting some this year. Each year my husband and I make homemade applesauce and it's so yummy that I can't even bring myself to buy store bought anymore.

We also make a wonderful Apple Tomato Relish that is fantasic on pork. It's a recipe that has been in my family for years and years & thinking about it just makes my mouth water.

Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Lizzie Anne Designs (Happy Harvest); Cardstock ~ Stampin' Up!; Ink ~ Palette & Copics; Hardware & Ribbon ~ Stampin' Up!; Nestabilities.

5 comments:

Sew Club said...

It was so nice to finally meet you, Kendra! Hope you had as much fun as we did! What a great weekend! :)

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

um hum.....need recipes! Ü We usually have summer apples ready right now, but the LATE winter killed it this year. However our fall apple trees are LOADED, so we will be putting up LOTS of cider again this year. Good thing since a late hard freeze kept us from having apples last year.
I can't wait to get this set. Ü

Anonymous said...

That relish sounds delicious! I want some! Very cute card :)

Lisa said...

Do you process your applesauce in a canner, or freeze it? I make homemade applesauce that I would love to be able to send to family, but I can't figure out if it's "safe" to can and store. Please let me know. Thanks!

Jenn said...

oh YUM!! Are you bringing some to the retreater this year?!?!? I love homemade applesause!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs