Monday, July 14, 2008

Super Riley...


I am officially SICK of baby cards. I think I'm done with them for awhile. The funny part is, I don't even know anyone who is pregnant or adoption.

Anyway, I am really excited to post this super fun challenge that was posted over on the SCS Hanna Stamps forum board last Friday. The challenge was to use Acetate on a card. I've been wanting to try using acetate in my Cuddlebug, so when this challenge came out ~ I knew I was going to make my own clear embossed embellishments. Woohooo ~ I think they turned out super cool!

Get this ~ I used the clear plastic piece that came with my Papertrey Ink stamps. I tried using transparency sheets, but they were a bit too thin & my embossed image didn't really show up. I did emboss the full piece of acetate first & then cut them out with my star dies; however, I think it would work both ways. After I cut out the acetate, I cut the same stars out of cardstock and then attached them with a brad so the embossing would show up nicely.

Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Hanna Stamps (Riley Collection); Cardstock ~ Stampin' Up!; Pattern Paper ~ Unknown (super old from my stash); Ink ~ Palette & Copics; clear acetate; Embossing plate and star dies ~ Cuddlebug; Ribbon ~ May Arts; Brads ~ Making Memories.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

So cute with the bugged stars. I forgot all about doing that!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

WAY WAY COOL, Kendra!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs