Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Mass producing...

Every now and then I need to do things a bit differently with my card making ~ just to keep things interesting. I wish I could mass produce all the time just to get tons done, but I can't always work that way.

It all started because last weekend I wasn't sure what I wanted to work on so I just started coloring a bunch of the new Riley images. I only colored the moose parts, not the rest of the image because I wasn't sure what paper I was using yet ~ this probably took about 20 minutes. The next day, I pulled out my Papertrey Ink pattern paper with all the matching cardstock and ribbons ~ YUMMY ~ they are just gorgeous. I started cutting cardstock bases and then added pattern paper and ribbon all without thinking too much about what I was doing ~ I would say this step took about 30 minutes or so. The last step was to figure out which images I wanted on each card and finish the coloring & mat them ~ this took about an hour. VOILA ~ I had 9 cards done. I do think it was probably a faster process (probably because I didn't agonize about every little thing I put on the card). My lesson ~ sometimes you just need to Let Go A Little!

I realize they are not masterpieces, but that wasn't the intention of this experiment. Sometimes it's about making a work of art & sometimes it's about getting a lot done.

Stay tuned for the rest of my creations in the coming days...

Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Hanna Stamps (Riley Collection); Cardstock, Pattern Paper, Ribbon ~ Papertrey Ink; Ink ~ Palette & Copics; Embossing Folder ~ Cuttlebug; Ticket Corner punch ~ SU!

ETA: Don't forget to check out Lizzie Anne Designs for the blog candy schedule for this week. The design team members are all taking turns each day this week, so there will be lots of chances to win!

2 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Kendra, I think they all look great! Mass producing is good. Ü

Judy in Indiana said...

You look very busy. Your mass production studio looks fun. I hope you are able to make great things that you are happy with.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs