Friday, May 9, 2008

Summer Picnic...

Anybody up for a picnic? My husband issued a challenge to me ~ could I do anything with this old Clementine box? HA! Silly man ~ Of course I can! I made this a few months ago and submitted it to a few publications, but I think it was too late in the cycle for the summer issues ~ oh well. Even though most of the supplies are Stampin' Up!, I'm not gonna send it in to them because (1) I would have to mail it to them, (2) I won't get it back, and (3) I used a Cricut alphabet rather than stamps (and I am NOT revising it). Anyway, I was pleased with how it came out.

Supplies Used (All Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted): Stamps ~ Tart & Tangy; Textured Cardstock ~ Real Red, Old Olive, Bashful Blue & white; Pattern Paper ~ Summer Picnic; Scallop & circle punches; Real Red Striped Grosgrain Ribbon; Ink ~ Real Red & Old Olive; Cricut Cartridge ~ Alphalicious by Provo Craft.

11 comments:

kribss said...

i love picnics! very cute + very clever kendra!

Nikki Bond said...

Love this idea! You did a great job altering that box...I hope your hubby was impressed! {SMILES}

Anonymous said...

That is adorable! Why don't you save it and submit it for next year? I love it that you recycled the box. I have always thought those boxes looked useful but never took the time! Really cute!

Anonymous said...

simply awesome! luv, luv, luv it! ita w/ann ... resubmit next year!

Stefanie Staniak said...

I love, love, love this little picnic box! Outstanding job !

MichelleY said...

I saw this in REAL life and it is simply FANTASTIC! The colors and paper are so summery and FUN! This would make an adorable gift basket! YOU ROCK, GIRL!

Unknown said...

What a great project! I gave you a shout out over at Card of the Week. Check it out... http://www.cardoftheweek.com/2008/05/card-of-the-w-1.html

Thanks for sharing your creativity with us!

Susanna

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

This is FANTASTIC, Kendra! Yes - silly man - LOL - does he NOT know that it was a CHALLENGE - and BOY did you meet that challenge!!!!!!!

Lori Barnett said...

see!! This is why we save everything...look at what can be done. I need a shed for all my "gotta save it to alter it" goodies!

Anonymous said...

I love it... especially the red color, which is my favorite!!

Swedie

Kristi said...

WOW!!!!
I was telling my hubby how all of you all can turn anything into great stuff....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs