Monday, May 9, 2011

A Thank You for the Teacher!

Hi there! I hope you have a great weekend and you are ready for some fun this week.  Since today is Monday it's time for the kids to go back to school so I wanted to share a new digi image with you by Mabelle R•O from Whimsy & Stars Studios called Back to School.    This card will be perfect to give to one of my son's teachers for the end of the year.



I printed out my digi image on lined notebook pattern paper, colored it with my Copic Markers and then trimmed it out to look like a notebook page.  The pattern paper is from Crate Paper and it's called School Spirit.   For the sentiments, I used a set by Our Craft Lounge called Bookworm & a set by Lizzie Anne Designs called School Days.

ETA: To answer Faith's question, I do not need to seal my pattern paper before coloring with my Copic markers.  But make sure you print using an Ink Jet printer.  If you use a Laser printer, the ink tends to flake off when you use the alcohol ink markers.

4 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love this Kendra!

MichelleY said...

Sweet card! I love the image and the lace/ribbon combo!!

Bandon, Oregon said...

I just LOVE this card! When you print out the digital stamps and then color with the Copics, do you have to seal them before coloring to keep them from smearing... I would love to try this...
Thanks,
Faith

Vicki G said...

Ohhh this is just so sweet!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs