Tuesday, May 17, 2011

IHP Challenge ... Colorblocking

It's challenge day for the i{heart}papers team & today we are using the Color Blocking technique.  I was looking though a new idea book I have and found this fun layout ~ it's PERFECT for color blocking!  I was also really excited to use my new photo printer because I can now print text directly on my 12x12 paper ~ woohooo!

I decided to use this hysterical picture of my daughter for the layout ~ it seriously makes me giggle every time I look at it.  So with these colorful pictures I needed some very colorful pattern paper for the color blocking.  I decided to use some of the new Basic Grey Lauderdale collection.   I also used a variety of fun stamps from Technique Tuesday ~ Kids are Cool, Life in Pictures and Favorite Memories for the various words and phrases around the page.


Supplies from i{heart}papers:
Stamps: Technique Tuesday ~
Kids are Cool, Life in Pictures and Favorite Memories
Pattern Paper: Basic Grey Lauderdale collection
Ink: Palette

Now it's time to go see what the other girls made for our fun challenge: 

7 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Fantastic layout! The wonderful colors in those birds are perfect images for this color blocking technique. What a fun project you have created, as well as preserved a funny memory.

i {heart} papers said...

Fabulous layout! I LOVE that picture of Megan. Her eyes are about read to pop out! I love how you incorporated pictures into the blocks. Very clever!

Gretchen said...

What an awesome picture!! Love your layout and all of the bright colors! I'm so jealous of your 12 inch printer too :)

Vicki G said...

Love your layout and the picture is fabulous!

Hugs

Vicki

Megan said...

This is a STUNNING layout. I love the stitching and the stamps you used. I think it's positively perfect!

whoistracy said...

What an adorable layout! Love those fun photos of your kids. Lorikeets are always a hoot when we go to visit them.

LorettaL said...

I love your layout, Kendra! Absolutely jaw-dropping wonderful!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs