Thursday, June 24, 2010

Vacation Mini Album ~ It's Simply Sweet!

I am so excited to share my project with you today. The first time I looked at the July Monthly Mix called Simply Sweet, I knew I wanted to make a scrapbook project for one of our trips. I decided to select pictures from the Yellowstone Road Trip we took last summer because I haven't really done too much with them yet.

I found that several of the stamps in this Mix worked great for a travel album ~ the postage stamp background; the diamond border; the journaling lines, "on vacation" and "greetings from" sentiments & the scallop border on a few of the pages is from the Something to Crow About Mix from September '09.

I just love the travel paper I found by Little Yellow Bicycle called Traveler ~ it's perfect for the Road Trip theme. The size of my album is 3 1/4" x 5".

When making a mini album, it's not only important to stick to one theme, but it's also important to have repeating and coordinating elements on each page.


I also love using my little alphabet letters ~ these are from Hero Arts.

The Grand Canyon area of Yellowstone is my favorite part so I had to include a picture of this beautiful site!

The fun matching arrow is from the same pattern paper line by Little Yellow Bicycle. FYI - the photo on the right is a reflection and the picture is not really upside down.

And one of our favorite parts of the trip was going on the Zipline in Big Sky, MT. It's a ski resort that has lots of fun activities and adventures during the summer months too. What an amazing place!

I just love these pictures of the kids & I used some coordinating stickers to add some fun to the pages.


This entire book only took a few hours to put together yesterday because I used coordinating elements and the same stamps on all the pages. I love that I have a completed scrapbook project now for this trip ~ even if it is just a mini album.

4 comments:

Tracey said...

This is awesome Kendra!! What a great keepsake of your trip! xx

♥Wendi said...

What a wonderful book. I love it and what a great book to have for forever!! Thanks so much for sharing it.

MaGoooo said...

This is SUPER CUTE Kendra!!

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

What a great little album, thanks for sharing your precious family memories with us.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs