Thursday, June 17, 2010

Lizzie Anne Challenge Day!

It's Challenge Day for the Lizzie Anne team and this month Tricia gave us a picture she found on the internet and told us to go at it! I love the lampshade and that is the first thing I noticed in the picture so that's what I went with as my starting point.

However, I'm sure you are going to look at my card and say ~ "HUH?" . Yes, I really did get my inspiration from this picture, but I too had to think about the process and how I ended up with my finished project ~ LOL! It all started with the stripe paper; then I found a cool sketch I liked; then I needed a few more coordinating papers; then I wanted to include green (but the celery color in the photo didn't match my paper); and then I wanted to include a flower (but I didn't have a rose like the picture)... and the card goes on from there. But that is my very long winded story of how this beautiful picture inspired my silly card. Whew...

The fun sentiment & background images are both from the July Monthly Mix called Simply Sweet & the paper pieced flower is from my all-time favorite set called Garden Inspirations.

Now I know you're going to want to go see what everyone else came up with (and I'm sure their projects will be much closer to the photo than mine was ~ LOL!

Tricia Ulberg (Lizzie)
Jeni Allen
Joslyn Nielson
Deb Felts
Bethany Paull
Wendy Price
Jeanne Streiff
Taylor Usry

5 comments:

wendyp said...

Kendra, its gorgeous!!! Love the quilted background you created with the pattern paper!

Bethany Paull said...

Ok. I follow the thought process. And that flower is gorgeous.

Jen said...

kendra, you are so funny!:) love it girl!!!

joslyn said...

this is way cute. love the paper used on the flower. great take on the challenge.

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

Beautiful card Kendra!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs