Thursday, March 9, 2017

Studio Calico ~ Happy {heart} Day

Hello Again!  As you probably remember, I've been working a lot with various subscription kits for my pages.  I am really enjoying the variety of products and I love when things coordinate.  For my page today, I am featuring the Studio Calico Documenter kit called Confidant .  Being it was February, there were lots of products with love and hearts... which was just fine with me! 



When starting a page, the first thing I do is lay out the various 4x6 & 3x4 cards I want to use on the PL page protector.  Next, I print the photos that work with the theme of my layout.   I do most of my photo printing at home on my Canon Pro 9000 Mark II printer, unless it's a large project like a marching band or vacation book.  The reason I print from home is so I can make the photos exactly the size I want and I tend to only print what I need for that project so there isn't so much waste.

After the photos are printed & trimmed to fit my pockets, I start figuring out embellishments & journaling.  For the top journaling blocks, I trimmed one of the 3x4 cards from the kit & stamped the "completely delighted" and the "Surprise" from the Ali Edwards Surprise Story Stamp set (November kit).  Then I wrote in my journaling with a black American Crafts Slick writer pen.  YES, I actually hand wrote my journaling!  That doesn't happen often because I hate my writing, but what can I say, Ali Edwards has been inspiring me & she does that a lot.   For the second journaling box, I added a large stitched heart from the Ali Edwards Bond Story Kit (February).




Other Supplies:
Pink wooden stars, black "XO" stickers - Studio Calico Confidant kit
Black square letter stickers - Pebbles, Inc.
Black phrase stickers - Ali Edwards
Red "xoxo" washi tape - Doodlebug.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs