Monday, February 20, 2017

Studio Calico ~ January Highlights

Welcome to a new week!  Since today is President's Day, many of you may have an extended weekend, so I hope you're enjoying a fun day off with your family.

My page today uses supplies from the January Studio Calico Documenter kit called Roman Holiday. I had placed all of the pocket cards and the white "January" title inside the pockets when I first got the kit, but I hadn't decided what I wanted to do with them.  I pulled the page protector out the other day and it dawned on me that it would make a fun monthly highlight page.  Since the Studio Calico kits come with that script month title each time, I may continue to do this all year since my Project 52 pages are in the Project Life App & I have all of these amazing physical products.

I love the colors on these cards ~ especially the floral ones... so bright and cheery for the dreary month of January.  I carried out a few themes through out the page ~ I dated each photo, used hearts, printed a few black & white photos, and I used gold elements.



Almost all of the supplies are from the Studio Calico kit, unless otherwise stated ~ here are the details for the cards.  

Top Left: I glued the white "January" title on the floral card and then added the gold "stories" sticker under it. Then I used some gold Studio Calico number stickers.

Top Right: I printed the photo in black & white because the color photo version had way too much color going on for this layout.  I added the coordinating heart sticker from the Ali Edwards Numbers Story Kit.

Middle Left to Right:

  • To continue a bit more black and white, I printed a 2x2 photo of Tim & I and added it to a mat of coordinating cardstock. I added the gold "You & Me" title and date stamped it.
  • This filler card & the white circle were both from the kit.  I trimmed the cardstock with a stitched circle die (Taylored Expressions) and then added a gold Studio Calico chipboard heart.
  • I printed the photo of Matt in color since it coordinated nicely with the layout.  I just added a piece of the cardstock and date stamped it and then added these gold mirror dots from My Minds Eye to the side.  Confession... it covers up the neighbor's trash can.  LOL
  • The card is from the kit & I printed off the 2x2 photo in color.  I added the gold mirror heart from My Minds Eye and then the gold "This".  It actually said "Needed This" but I cut the other part off.  Then I added the date stamp at the bottom.
Lower Left: I typed up my journaling on the computer and trimmed it to fit the bottom of the card.  I added the washi tape to cover the edge.  The gold mirror heart is from My Minds Eye.  For the photo flag, I trimmed a piece of cardstock & added the date stamp to one more black and white photo.

Lower Right: The chipboard pencil is from the kit and I added some quick hand journaling & the date stamp.  




Now that I'm looking at the photographed page, I may switch the lower two photos so the color photos aren't all grouped together... that's the nice thing about pocket page protectors!

Have a lovely day & thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs