Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Numbers Story Kit ~ State Finals Countdown!

This past weekend I went to a scrapbook retreat with friends.  It was a wonderful time to laugh and craft together.  I decided to work on my son's 2015 Marching Band Album for this weekend. I've had the photos placed in the page protectors for over a year, but hadn't pulled them out to finish the pages yet & since we've already finished the 2016 marching season, I don't want to get even further behind. So it was time to get going & I decided to work on this full 12x12 layout about the countdown to the champion because it was a pretty amazing day!


For my layout, I used the Numbers Story Kit & Stamp Set by Ali Edwards.  I love the big chipboard numbers, the big number 1, and the script "number" that all came with the kit.  FYI - The script word was actually "numbers" with an "s" at the end, but I carefully broke it off and filed the end down.  I attached it with some liquid glue.  I used the Numbers Story Stamp Set words to stamp along the top of the border.  For the title, I used Thickers chipboard letters and for the arrows and heart, I used various Taylored Expressions dies.


I'm so glad to have this special day documented for Matt's album.

Whatever happens going forward, Matt will always be part of the
Concord Marching Minutemen
2015 Indiana Class B Marching Band State Champions

I can't talk about that day without adding this video again
and the excitement we all shared!
Matt is the last one pictured in this short video...
it brings tears to this proud mama's eyes every single time


*Video by Austin Robbins

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs