Monday, September 8, 2008

Recipe Flipper File

My goodness I am so late in posting today. I was beat last night and had to take my son to the dentist first thing this morning. It's only 1:30pm and I feel like I could crawl in bed and take a nap (and I never take naps).

Anyway, I wanted to share the project I have for my upcoming class. It's a Recipe holder using a fun little Maya Roads calendar stand.

It came with 12 tabbed dividers but I took 8 of them out and just used 4 and the cover. The other 8 dividers, I will use for another class. Then I made recipe cards and punched them at the top to fit between the tabs.

For the stand, I painted the areas that would be exposed (and the inside) with a pretty mossy green acrylic craft paint. After that was dry, I attached the pattern paper to the stand with Modge Podge. Make sure you coat the stand with Modge Podge both before and after you put the paper on it; otherwise, it gets too many bubbles in the pattern paper. For my class I will use current alphabet stamps, but I didn't have mine yet & needed to get the sample done.



Supplies Used: Stand ~ Maya Roads Calendar Stand; Stamps: Hero Arts small alphabet & Stampin' Up!; Ink ~ Palette & SU; Cardstock & Pattern Paper ~ SU; Ribbon ~ SU; Punches ~ SU; Letters on the cover ~ Cricut (Alphalicious); Eyelets & Brad ~ SU.

2 comments:

Paula Wade said...

Cute idea!!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely and totally fabulous Kendra! Love it! Sending my love and hugs.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs