Sunday, September 28, 2008

Boo Box...

Yes...it's another Halloween project! I'm on a roll lately & just can't seem to stop making things with the color orange!

I love looking around stores for new inspiration. Target is probably my favorite inspiration spot. I go through the gift bag asile and jot down layout ideas or I find these fun little buckets in the dollar spot. Well my latest inspiration piece came from... a pack of gum! Can you believe that? Here's what I did...

First I tore apart the gum box & traced it onto a piece of pumpkin cardstock.

Next, I cut it out and scored all the fold marks. Make sure you include the tabs so you get a nice fold.

My last step was to stamp my images all over the box ~ make sure you do this BEFORE you tape it together. Just fold the score makes and add some strong adhesive ~ VOILA!


Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Hanna Stamps; Cardstock ~ SU; Ink ~ Palette; Ribbon & Eyelets ~ SU; Button ~ Dress it Up!

BTW ~ my Monday post won't show up until 7:00 am. I've got some sneak peeks to show you & a sweet treat too!

ETA: Sorry - I don't have a pattern for this ~ I simply traced a gum box.

3 comments:

Lisa and Penny said...

do you have a pattern you can post?

Gabby said...

Well look at you! I DO THAT TOO!!! LOL! When you can't find a certain pattern...improvise and use what's available huh? I love it! I also love Target as inspiration! Sometimes I just go when I'm dry on ideas...lol. Great to know someone shares that Target inspiration fascination. :D Great projects!

Jen said...

oh, this looks fun! i remember seeing this new gum while i was in the states...GREAT idea!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs