Friday, May 8, 2009

Inchie Friday ~ Spring Awakening...

Hello Spring! As you probably already know, I love spring & can't wait for it's arrival each year. As much as I dislike winter, I do look forward to seeing all the beauty that comes with Spring. One day this week, I walked around our yard and a few of our neighbors yards, and snapped some photos of the gorgeous blooms. CAN YOU BELIEVE I TOOK THESE? Woohoo ~ I love how they turned out! I've decided that nature shots are probably my best work.

I used my sweet little Inchie Arts squares to add the date and some little Spring creatures. I stamped them on a 1" square of pattern paper with black embossing ink and then heat embossed them so they would pop! Then I popped the three purple images (the large photo, the small purple flower photo & the Inchie squares) on black cardstock so they would stand out just a little bit. It's a design secret that draws your eye through the page in a zig-zag from top to bottom. It's a subtle technique, but very effective.

Supplies Used: Inchie Squares ~ Inchie Arts; Ink ~ SU Pigment Ink, Copics; Cardstock & Pattern Paper ~ SU; Stamps ~ Lockhart Stamp Co; Font ~ Word (Harrington).

3 comments:

MichelleY said...

WONDERFUL page, Kendra! I LOVE your photos....they pop off the page especially with the black and white background. Its like being in an art gallery. I also LOVE the inches embossed on designer paper. They are subtle but pack a punch!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

WOW Kendra - this page definitely pops! Beautiful work, gorgeous photos!

Paula Wade said...

Yeah, for sure! Those photos are FAB!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs