Monday, May 18, 2009

Bath & Body Tutorial

I'm back! Sunday morning I actually woke up and was disappointed that I didn't have a new project to show you & promptly wrote this one out. But, boy oh boy do I have a project for you today! I am sooooooooo excited about it!

A few weeks ago, I was shopping with a friend and we while we were in the Bath and Body store, I saw this cute basket. I thought the template would be pretty easy to make, so I came home and gave it a try. I used this project as a tutorial for the Lizzie Anne Newsletter last week. So here it is...

Along with the matching card...

Step 1: Select a 12”x12” piece of textured cardstock. From each edge, score at 1” & 3” (8 score lines total).

Step 2: Once your cardstock is scored, measure 1 ½” from each corner & draw a pencil line diagonally to the 3” score mark. Cut along both lines and remove the triangle piece.


Step 3: Use a scalloped edge punch on the outside edges of the box.

Step 4: Stamp the inside of the box with a flower image and line both the inside and outside of the box with coordinating pattern paper. (Garden Inspirations stamp set and Digital Paper Pack used here).


Step 5: Fold and glue scalloped edge to the outside of the box & fold score marks to make the box.

Step 6: Punch holes on the outside tabs of the box & attach ribbon to tie them closed.


Supplies Used: Stamps & Digital Paper Pack ~ Lizzie Anne Designs (Garden Inspirations); Textured cardstock (heavy weight) ~ SU; Ribbon ~ SU; Scallop Edge Punch ~ EK Success; Ink ~ Versamark.


9 comments:

Jo Nevill said...

Oh wow, this is just fantastic ! What a great gift to give to a friend. I absolutely love it and will have to give it a try.

So great to be working with you in the new Simon Says Stamp Design Team !

Hugs,

Jo x

Nicole said...

This is a really neat idea! I can't wait to give it a try, thanks for sharing the directions! I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog.

Unknown said...

This is fantastic, TFS!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

very cool! thanks for sharing the tutorial!

MichelleY said...

WooHoo! This amazing gift and card are sitting in my house right now! Kendra, your talent blows me away....but not as much as your generous heart! LOVE YOU, GIRL!!!

Anonymous said...

It is so cute!!!! I love it!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Tracey said...

This is just gorgeous Kendra! I am loving the colours!

Deb said...

Beautiful, Kendra! What a great gift! Thanks for showing us how to make it!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

VOILA! This is sooo neat!
Thank you!
Heidi

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs