Friday, January 9, 2009

Inchie Friday ~ January Calendar

Inchie Friday is Back for 2009! I took a week off since I was finding it hard to work on projects with everyone underfoot during the holidays. I can't believe how much I can get done when the kids are at school and my hubby is back to work!

So I had an idea several months ago to incorporate the Inchies with a photo calendar. Since it's a new year, I decided to give it a go!

The first page of my project is the cover for my calendar. I decided not to put a year so I could use it again. As you may have noticed, I stamped an image for each season on the Inchies & then colored them with my Copic Markers.

The stand I am using is just a clear acrylic CD case ~ super simple & very inexpensive!

Here is my January page! I love this picture of my son. I took it last year when he was out in our yard building a snow cave ~ so cute!

The calendar template is my own. I just did it in an Excel file ~ easy!

This is a super easy technique with stamping directly on the Inchie squares.
  • I stamped the mittens in white pigment ink & then sprinkled white embossing powder on top. Shook off the extra and heat embossed it. The Inchie squares emboss VERY WELL!
  • Next, I colored the background with a Copic marker.
  • I used my December Sky Shimmerz paint and painted the color on the mittens. It's got the bling built into the paint ~ so pretty!
  • I painted on some Angel Wings Shimmerz paint on the background because I thought it was too dull.
  • Then I simply attached the Inchie on some cardstock & a scallop square and added it to the calendar. So simple!

Supplies Used: Inchie Arts (White Inchie Squares); Cardstock ~ Bazzill; Pattern Paper ~ Heidi Grace (both the cover & January page); Calendar template (my own on Excel); Nestabilities; Punches ~ SU; Ink ~ Palette & Copics; Shimmerz Paint (December Sky & Angel Wings); Stamps ~ Lockhart Stamp Co. & SU (Alphabet); Standard CD case.

4 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Very cute calendar Kendra!

Stefanie Staniak said...

Great calendar Kendra. The picture is wonderful and looks great on this size canlendar. Love the month template that you did in excell too!

MichelleY said...

LOVE your calendar, Kendra! The pic of Matt is adorable. I can't wait to see February!

Paper and Petals said...

this is so adorable!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs