Sunday, December 14, 2008

In the midst of craziness...

I took a little time for myself this week to scrapbook. I shouldn't have because I have so much to do for Christmas, but I did it anyway. And you know what? I didn't feel one bit guilty! I enjoy scrapbooking so much~ it was my first papercrafting LOVE! So you know what I decided? I'm going to sit down and do more of it ~ just because I love it.

Another thing I love are my new stamps by Unity Stamp Company. I was browsing their site last week and found these fun stamps that I thought would be perfect for scrapbooking. WOW ~ do they stamp NICE & the sets have tons of images!

I did a layout earlier this year with one of these pictures of my beautiful daughter; however, I had so many from that day, that I really wanted to use more of them & decided to create another layout. The layout idea came from the current Stampin' Up! Catalog & Idea Book (with a few tweeks here and there).

Isn't this journaling block stamp cool? It's big enough to write out all the details of an event. I hand wrote my journaling ~ which is something I don't do often, eventhough I know I should. And look at that cool flower! I stamped it in chocolate pigment ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder so it would really stand out. Then to give it a cool look, rather than a straight cut, I followed the curves for a fun wavy look.

I also had fun with buttons! I stamped a piece of textured cardstock with the circle cluster stamp in the Flirty Flowers set ~ it made a great subtle pattern on the paper. Then I added all different buttons to the strip of green cardstock. For the brown polka-dot pattern paper, I stamped the row of flowers (also from the Flirty Flowers set) at the bottom and stamped the "memories" stamp ~ both in chocolate ink.

Supplies Used: Cardstock ~ SU; Pattern Paper ~ Heidi Grace; Stamps ~ Unity Stamp Company (Flirty Flowers & Our Life, Our Stories); Ink ~ Palette; Embossing plate ~ Cuddlebug.

2 comments:

Paper and Petals said...

This is a great layout! I especially love all the buttons. Great pictures too, I can see why you would want to scrap more of them.

2 Worlds said...

Great layout, I love this set too just made one layout also with it

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs