Saturday, February 23, 2008

One Word ~ YUMMY!

As you can probably tell, I have a major case of "Cabin Fever"! I am tired of below zero, wet, ice, snow, slush, brown grass, no leaves, no flowers, and on and on. But the thing I am tired of the most ~ feeling cold all the time. YUCK!!! I live in the wrong state. Paula ~ I have to come visit soon! I get like this every year in February and one of the things that helps me get through it ~ is making a FRESH Strawberry Pie. It was my mom's recipe and it's super YUMMY! I always make 2 of them ~ one for our family and one for my girlfriend Jenn for her birthday ~ which is today. Happy Birthday Jenn! Eventhough I'm trying to be super good about what I eat right now, I am still going to enjoy a piece or two of this wonderful summer treat. Oh yea, the matching strawberry card was for Jenn too.

So what do you do to beat the winter blues? I'd love to hear about it.

Fresh Strawberry Pie
1 ~ 3 oz. pkg strawberry Jello
1 c. Sugar
3 T. Cornstarch
1 c. water
1 lb. fresh strawberries (set 3 or 4 whole berries aside)

Bake a pie shell and let it cool completely. Wash and cut strawberries into bite-sized pieces & pour them into the pie shell. Set aside. In a medium sauce pan, combine Jello, water, cornstarch and sugar. Over medium heat, stir until thick. Let cool 10 minutes. Pour over strawberries and refridgerate. Once the pie is set, top with 1/2 container of Cool Whip & whole berries. ~~ ENJOY!


Card Supplies: Stamps ~ Papertrey Ink (strawberries) & Lizzie Anne Designs (greeting); cardstock ~ SU; Ink ~ SU; Embossing Plate ~ Cuttlebug; Brads ~ Queen & Co.; Dies ~ Nestabilities; Ribbon ~ May Arts.

9 comments:

Lana said...

Kendra-I'm printing this recipe out for Lizzy! She's our designated pie maker of the house! WOOHOOO! Thanks for sharing!

Kookie said...

As soon as we get some good strawberries at the grocery store I am SOOOO making this!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

YUM YUM AND YUM!!!! This sounds and sure looks wonderful! Kendra - your friend Jenn must lust after this pie every year!

Babydoll said...

Hi My name is Kendria! I thought it was cool to find someone with a similar name. I saw a link with your name on another bloggers site so I had to stop by. I love your work. The cards are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, that looks extremely delish!!!! I need to copy this down; Spring is coming!

Paula Wade said...

Oh, that pie looks scrumtious!!!:) Cute card too! Yes, please come visit soon! Today is going to be 79 degrees and we are headed for the rodeo! Yahoo!

Deb said...

You soooo make me want to go to the store and buy strawberries! That pie looks delicious!

I'm ready for spring too! I broke out my sandals the other day and even wore them outside (in the feet of snow we have still on the ground)!

Lovin' your new cards!

Anonymous said...

YUM! My Grama used to make a pie like this. My mouth is watering!
-Krissy

Aleks said...

Yum, yum yum!!
I have this recipe saved...I'm not a huge pie person but Ilove strawberries..I wonder if there's anyway I could substitute the pie crust. But the filling reminds me of my grandmas strawberries in cream!
Oh, and I need a set of those stamps...they remind me of the cute wild strawberries that grow in the woods here.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs