Monday, February 11, 2008

From Trash to Treasure...


I don't usually have an eye for trash; however, I went out to eat with my family a few months ago and saw these coasters on the table. I immediately stuffed 6 of them into my purse because I knew I could make something pretty cool with them. My husband just looked at me and rolled his eyes, but knew that I was excited about something. He stopped asking questions a long time ago. In fact when something comes up missing around the house, he usually assumes it's in my studio. He teases me because I never iron or sew unless it's for a papercrafting project. Good thing he likes to have a good laugh ~ even if it is at my expense. I guess it's a small price to pay for a supportive husband.

Stay tuned in the days ahead to see the pages of My Crazy Friends book!

Supplies Used: Doodlebug ~ paper, rub-on flowers, rub-on alphabets, ric-rac, brads, and jewels.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've often seen these coasters and thot they'd be useful crafting items, but never new what to use them for. Cardboard letters get pretty expensive and I thot I could make my own out of these, but never end up taking them cuz I knew they'd only make their way to my trash can at home. I'm excited for you to show me what you have come up with !

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

Kendra - SUCH a cute project!!!! I love that you showed the before and after. And LOL about the hubby - same here!

Lana said...

WoW! You have crazy friends! LOVE YOU KENDRA SUE!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs