Friday, December 9, 2016

December Daily ~ Day 5 & 6

Ahhh.... it's finally Friday, and today I have a few more pages from my December Daily to share.  December 5th marked the first real snow that stayed on the ground for this season.   It's sweater weather for sure this week... Brrrrr!



Day #5:  For the journaling card, I found this cute cup image in a Google search & then added the journaling in Photoshop.  The Day 5 card is from the Ali Edwards Kit & I added chocolate brown chipboard letters & a heart that I had in my stash.   I put the photo on brown cardstock & then added some sticker letters from my stash as well.

Day #6:  This is our Christmas card for 2016 & I love it!  No... I don't make our cards anymore.  I hate repetitive work & I always want to include photos.  A few years ago, I started using Tiny Prints and put together a tri-fold card online.  I love them!  They are super high quality and this year I had 9 photos on the card.



After I made the page, I decided I wanted to add a bit of journaling.  So I added a 4x4 page protector with a photo on one side.  The silver star & the "family" and "friends" stickers are from the AE kit.


Flip it over and there is the journaling.  I also added one of the return address stickers that I bought this year as an embellishment.  Which I like because years down the road, I will have our address documented.


I wanted this page to be interactive so the entire card could be viewed as is & also pulled out.  I made a pocket sleeve with snowflake vellum (from my stash) and attached it with silver brads.  The "Merry Christmas" is actually on the card, but I love how you can see it through the vellum.  The silver stars are from the AE Kit, but everything else is from my stash.


This photo shows the card pulled out.



Here's the back of the card.  I love this photo of my husband, son and daughter all pointing in different directions.  It just cracks me up every time!  This photo was taken in Skagway, Alaska.  I added a sticker to each card that said "Lost in Alaska ~ June 2016".


1 comment:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

♥ing your daily! it is way more than sweater weather here now. the wind has been howling all day and snow is on it's way.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs