Friday, July 25, 2014

Spectrum Noir Marker Tutorial with Gina K ~ Part 2

Earlier this week, I shared a tutorial using Spectrum Noir Ink Refills.  Today, I'm going to share another background technique, this time with the Spectrum Noir Markers.   Once again, I am using the Gina K Designs set called Ship to Shore.    Here's the finished projects... scroll down for the picture step-by-step tutorial.


I started with 4 shades of blue Spectrum Noir Markers (BT5, BT6, BT9, TB9), a bottle of Spectrum Noir Blender Solution, a piece of glossy cardstock, and an applicator with felt.  I use the Tim Holtz applicator and just cut scraps of white felt to go on top. I added several drops of blender solution to the felt and set it aside.

Note: You want to do this first because you need to work quickly through the process.  Alcohol inks dry pretty fast (especially the markers) so make sure you have everything ready to go.


Next, I started with my lightest color (BT5) and colored the top of my glossy cardstock. (You will see in the picture below that I already completed the other half of my piece.  It's important to work in small areas so the ink stays wet so it is easy to blend).  I like to use the chisel tip because you can cover a larger area faster.


Next, I colored another section of my glossy cardstock with BT6.  Again, work quickly.



And finally, I added BT9 to the middle section.  So it's not looking so fabulous right now... so take the applicator with the blending solution on it and start dabbing away.


Then, while the blender solution is still wet, scribble some of the TB9 (dark blue) on the panel) and then dab again and smear it all in with your applicator.


You can go back in and add any of the colors again and dab with blender... do this as much as you want until you get the look you want.



Once my piece was dry, I stamped my images using black ink and and assembled my card.

Note: Make sure you have your work surface covered with something other than paper (the ink will go through).  Also, I like to wear rubber gloves & an apron, since this process can be a little messy.

Stay tuned next week for one more tutorial with another Spectrum Noir Background technique.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs