Wednesday, February 22, 2012

THE ALASKA PROJECT ...part 3

WOW ~ I never post this late in the day!  I've been so busy getting ready for a class I have tomorrow night & haven't had the chance to get this post done.  I'm waiting to find out how many students I have in the class, so I thought I'd take a few minutes to post a few of the projects I've been working on for my ALASKA PROJECT.  

This album holds a very special place in my heart because it was THE BEST VACATION EVER.  As you know from reading my blog over the years, our family loves to travel ~ but this vacation was so special and we enjoyed it so much. Since it was so wonderful, I am savoring each and every picture and page I create.

This page includes some beautiful sepia photos I took of my kids.  The color photos are gorgeous & are also included in my album; however, for the first page of this particular day, I wanted the photos to coordinate perfectly with the page.  I haven't finished the other page just yet with the color photos, but I will when it is completed.


For the elements on this page, I stamped the map background (tone on tone) at the bottom of the page.  I've done this for most of the elements in this vacation album so the pages would coordinate.  Then I added stamped words from the Technique Tuesday Travel stamp set along the top and bottom of the page.  Once the initial stamping was done, I added pattern paper from the Simple Stories Destination kit that's I've been using on the entire album.  After printing and adding the perfect photos, I added some cardstock stickers from the Simple Stories kit to the page ~ (photo corners, a border, label stickers and a big accent sticker).  I stamped the date and location of the photos with my Hero Arts alphabet stamps, added a wooden button with twine & then added a "page title" of sorts at the bottom ~ "You are my most favorite memory".   I LOVE IT! 

Next up, I decided to make a quick card using the same Destination kit from Simple Stories but this time I added some great coordinating stamps from Unity Stamp Company.  The pretty ribbon is from May Arts.



The explosion in my creative space ~ and it's gotten worse since I took this photo, but I've also gotten a lot more pages done on my album.



Over the next few weeks I will have more fun pages to share for this project ~ creative pocket pages, more full-sized layouts & some creative ways display the brochures and memorabilia I picked up along our journey.

If you've missed out on the other posts I've done about my ALASKA PROJECT, check them out.  I can't wait to hear what you think of my project so far!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Hey Kendra :)

I am lovin' the Alaska posts! I am using We R Memory Keepers albums now and really like them. I'm using We R and Becky Higgins page protectors/sleeves. I love Becky's scrapbooking and memory-keeping approach with Project Life too. I don't have tons of time for adding lots to albums (stamping, etc.) I guess it's "that time" of my life where my time is limited, however, I want our photos and memories in scrapbooks. make sense?!? :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs