Friday, April 14, 2017

Dream On & Live Happy in Alaska

Good Morning and welcome back to my blog.  It's been a busy week with band so I haven't had much time to scrapbook, but I did get this page finished and I just love this photo of my kids in Alaska last summer.  



We had an amazing adventure on this trip & I'm pretty sure it's one we will never forget.  We chartered a small boat called The Darby for a 3-day private tour of Resurrection Bay.  It was just our family of four, the captain and his daughter, his first-mate & chef.  The boat was nothing fancy, no wi-fi, and no TV.  We saw some amazing sights, caught fresh salmon, watched dozens and dozens of whale, saw a glacier up close, hiked on an island, and then had a campfire on a stone beach... complete with s'mores.  The weather was perfect... especially when you consider we were in Alaska. This trip was AMAZING!

On the first afternoon of our trip, the captain found this very picturesque private cove and got down the kayaks so we could paddle around in a safe spot.  It was one of those moments where you can't quite believe you are there experiencing what you are doing.  There were many surreal moments on this trip that brought me to tears.   For this photo, Tim lined up the kids just right so he could show the amazing scenery behind them.

WOW ~ that was fun to remember.  OK - a few details about my page... I used items from the March and April Hip Kits for this page.  I also added some washi tape I had in my stash.  The pattern paper and "dream on" sentiment, enamel dots, and phrase stickers are from March main & PL kits.  The "our trip", letter stickers and flair are from the April kit.

{ETA: Once I posted my original page, I thought the photo got lost on it, so I added a few layers and updated my photo.}




Here are a few more photos from this amazing day!







Not a great photo below, but I kept it because it shows how close the whale was to our boat.


I encourage you... take that adventure, explore the world & experience what it has to offer!   How are you going to make the world a better place, if you never see it?  GO... SEE... DO!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs